Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Five Laws of Gold: Law #4

"Gold slippeth away from the man who invests it in businesses or purposes with which he is not familiar or which are not approved by those skilled in its keep." -The Richest Man in Babylon

We better understand the basics of what we are investing in. I have seen people put money in things they were not familiar with and lose it. Fortunes, both large and small have been lost in this manner.

This is why education is such a basic, yet necessary aspect of any new endeavor. I spent nearly a year researching and learning before I ever made my first real estate purchase. To this day I don't approach anything without having a team together that can advise me on what to consider, even in a new real estate transaction.

I hope people are taking something away from these laws, as they are literally ancient principles, although the author is not.

To your success,

Geoff Dearing
http://www.ReturnRealEstate.com

No comments: