Monday, February 9, 2009

Would you fail anway?

I have been juggling a thought in my head for several months now and I finally have a good way to express it. The thoughts have been circling around the idea of failure and how many people make excuses for failure. My wife and I attended a formal dinner on Friday night, the guest speaker talked about how most of the businesses that are failing, aren't failing because of the recession. Businesses fail in up and down economies. These businesses would have failed either way, even though the recession may have accelerated the issue. The biggest excuse people are making right now for failure is the state of the economy. Many people I talk to say something to the effect of, "I would be doing great if the economy were not so bad," or "this economy is so bad, it is killing me." Are these reasons why these businesses are failing? or are they excuses? I am not writing this blog to be judge, jury, and executioner. I am sharing this point of view to help people shake off the dust and get out there to explore opportunities. There are hundreds of ways to make money in this country, as I have stated before. Why not get out there and explore them? This is why I make it a habit to surround myself with people that have a positive outlook on life as we all have our problems.

I have the pleasure of working with several people that see this economy as a blessing in disguise as well. These are the people that see the silver lining in the sky and are trying to make the most of the opportunity. If you find yourself surrounded by the "Eeyore's" of the world, it's time to get a new set of friends! Don't spend your time thinking of what could have been, spend energy working towards producing results.

No comments: